Sunday, October 26, 2008

Grocery Deal for Aeroplan Collectors


I don't usually do this, but I noticed a deal for Aeroplan Miles collectors that may be worth while. Club Sobey's is a program offered by Sobey's whereby you get points for shopping. Bonus points are frequently available, but most are all of the same value. To convert to Aeroplan miles, you lose half your club sobey's points (50 Pts = 25 aeroplan miles).

I did however happen to be shopping in Sobey's and noticed that a product I love to buy was on sale. Campbell's tins of Cream of Celery, Cream of Broccolli, Chicken Broths and other canned soups were on for 99 cents. A good deal on these brands, since they seldom come on sale like their cheaper Campbell's counter parts (Tomato/Chicken Noodle/Cream of Mushroom and Vegetable). But to make this deal worth posting here, was two things. First, 10 Club Sobeys points (5 aeroplan miles) for 2 purchased. Second, the store I was in (and I am betting almost all others) had COUPON BOOKS in front of their DISPLAY. It was not on the shelf, not mentioned in the flyer, but these books had $1 off coupons on purchase of 2 of these select soups. So if you bought 2 of these better Campbells small tin soups, you paid 98 cents for both cans and got 5 aeroplan miles for 98 cents! This is the best Aeroplan promotion for price I have seen so far, and I believe (thought I am not an avid Aeroplan man) that this price of under 20 cents an aeroplan mile is cheaper then buying them direct from Air Canada. So you get them cheaper, and free soup :) Again this requires the coupons, so if your Sobey's is out then it may not be worth it. But mine had multiple coupons left, so I bought 20 cans of soup, paid $9.80 (NO TAX ON SOUPS!) and earned 100 CLUB SOBEY's POINTS for 50 AEROPLAN MILES! Also with Quaker promtions, you can get 25 bonus AEROPLAN miles on select boxes, so always keep your eyes out for deals on them in any store.

Thanks,

Mystery Grocer

No comments: